To request a camper application, email: [email protected]
Criteria for Admission
Camp Rainbow Connection is a wonderful expression of God’s love. However, it is NOT for everyone due to its structure and location. Campers spend the week with others of various ability levels. Each camper is paired with a staff “buddy.” Staff members give of their time as volunteers. For this reason, camp is not appropriate for individuals who do not meet the following criteria.
The potential camper must:
- Have a mild to moderate level of intellectual disability although other disabilities may exist.
- Be at least 16 years of age or older.
- Perform activities of daily living such as dressing, eating, bathing, and toileting that require little assistance. Note: An individual will not be admitted to camp if he/she cannot control bowel or urine elimination.
- Participate in all camp activities as appropriate.
- Demonstrate no physical and/or emotional threat to self or others and require little care in terms of his/her behavior.
- Document from a physician that no recent hospitalizations have occurred.
All application forms are due by April 1. We cannot allow any exceptions.
Space is limited and will be filled on a first come, first served basis. The cost of the camp is determined each year. For 2023, the cost is $600. Limited financial assistance is available upon request.
An additional nonrefundable deposit of $50 is required before an application will be considered.