Take a look at our new ‘Bright Spot’ video series. These are 2-minute or fewer videos that feature ministry around the conference during the COVD-19 pandemic. Have a story we can share? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Virginia Conference Communications staff uses a variety of communications tools, techniques and technology to support the vision and ministry of the Annual Conference in making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
With over 1,100 churches, the Communications staff provides a number of functions to equip the clergy and laity for ministry.
Learn more about resources and aids for your church at the Digital Hub.
Email the office to learn more about training opportunities or resources at email@example.com.
- Maintaining the conference database (including all clergy contact information; clergy appointments; clergy and lay members of conference boards, commissions and agencies; laity serving in leadership roles in the conference including Annual Conference members).
- Overseeing conference website, internal conference email groups and conference social media pages
- Development and production of promotional materials and videos for the conference and local church ministries
- Weekly e-Advocate– digital newsletter with conference, national, global news
- Conference Journal
- Clergy Directory
- Book of Reports
- Virginia United Methodist Advocate Archives (2011-2019)
The office provides resources to the conference, districts and local churches. Specific resources include media relations and crisis communications consultation and access to technology hardware and software at discounted prices. View resource guides on topics such as social media pages and live streaming information here.