The primary purpose of United Methodist Men is to declare the centrality of Christ in the lives of men and in all their relationships. Accordingly, Virginia Conference United Methodist Men works with the District organizations, in developing programs to meet the needs and interests of men of all ages.
For more information about United Methodist Men in the Virginia Conference, please contact Albert S. Weal Jr., president, at 757-677-6096 or Mastercook3@cox.net
The United Methodist Men are inviting you to a series of scheduled Zoom meetings. For the next 3 months we will have a series of Webinars every 2 weeks on Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m., to: a. find out how you are doing, b. provide you with an opportunity to learn about some important ministries we are actively engaged in, and c. provide you some suggestions for leading your men during this time of physical separation. These webinars will last 1 hour each and will be recorded if you are unable to make one. Along with the chat questions and answers, the recorded webinars will be posted on this page.
The Webinars are as follows:
- May 13 Amend Together- Domestic Violence Prevention (This webinar is no longer available on Zoom. For more information contact Dann Ladd or Todd Hoar)
- June 10 Hunger Relief and Scouting (This webinar is no longer available on Zoom. For more information contact Dann Ladd or Todd Hoar)
- June 24 Jail, Prison, GraceInside and All God’s Children Ministries. Click here to view. Access Password: 6k$71m=8
- July 8 YoungER Men’s Ministry Click here to view. Access Password: 8d+10F2C.
- Handouts: What the Local Church Can Do to Support Campus Ministry (pdf) and Guidelines for Higher Education and Campus Ministry (pdf)
- July 29 Communications- Beacon newsletter and Web Page with Jon Simons and Brenda Capen.
Click here to view. Access Password: 2EJ#2Zb.
- August 5 Heart Havens and Camp Rainbow Jennifer Boyden of Heart Havens, and Ron Rumsey, advocate for Camp Rainbow, provided an overview and update on how these ministries are managing during the pandemic and how you can help. Link to Heart Havens Annual Report
Click here to view. Access Password: 4Vmot^yi
Other topics as needed. We will promote this on LaityNet and ClergyNet as well as in the Beacon and on this Webpage.
District Presidents and officers please put out the word to enhance participation!
Join Zoom Meeting (Link is good for all meetings)
Meeting ID: 898 2460 7164
One tap mobile
8558801246,,89824607164# US Toll-free
Dial by your location
+1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
Contact information for Webinars:
Prison Ministries Andrew Kissell firstname.lastname@example.org
Good News Jail: Johnnie Draughon email@example.com
Kairos Prison: John Cole firstname.lastname@example.org
All God’s Children Camp: Lori Smith email@example.com
Prison Chaplains: Randy Myers firstname.lastname@example.org
Disciple Bible Outreach: Gene Mims email@example.com
Beacon Newsletter: Jon Simons firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference Webmaster: Brenda Capen email@example.com
Campus Ministry: Bret Gresham firstname.lastname@example.org and Drew Ensz email@example.com
Vision, Values and Goals (pdf)
Beacon Newsletters and Notices
Men in the Spirit flyer: See how UMM are changing lives around the conference (pdf)
Online Wearable Store
How are UMM Relevant?
July 25, 2020 – Dismantling Racism through God’s Amazing Grace – SEJ UMMen National Day of Prayer (Zoom)
Click here for details
Wesley Challenge Mentor Leader Guide
Using the Wesley Challenge and small groups our experienced disciples can become mentors. This link provides the training materials necessary for preparing mentors and helping new Christians become disciples. If you have any questions contact David Bean @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Mentor Guide (pdf)
Spiritual Advance 2019
“I look on all the world as my parish; thus far I mean, that, in whatever part of it I am, I judge it meet, right, and my bounden duty, to declare unto all that are willing to hear, the glad tidings of salvation” — John Wesley
Please fill out the information below to subscribe to The Beacon newsletter.