The mission of the Church Development Team (CDT) is two-fold: to assist in creating New Faith Communities and to support the work of vitality in existing churches. This mission grew out of the All Things New Plan. The CDT works to achieve this mission through the following areas:
- Five Talent Academy Team
- Equipping Planter Team
- Large Church Leadership Team
- Mid-size Church Leadership Team
- Small Church Leadership Team
Currently, leadership grants include support of Next Level Innovations (NOVA Bi-Districts, Richmond and Elizabeth River Districts) and Creating a Culture of Renewal (in partnership with The Office of Clergy Excellence) as well as local church initiatives to increase the Church’s outreach to the unchurched and dechurched.
In support of the CDT mission, applications for New Faith Communities and Leadership Grants are accepted four times each year. Applications are due at two weeks prior to scheduled CDT Assessment Team meetings. New Faith Community and Leadership Applications should be submitted to David Bonney, CDT Chair, DBonney@fairfaxumc.org.
Regular meetings for 2021-2022 are as follows:
- October 26, 9:30-11:30 a.m. (New member orientation at 9 a.m.)
- TBD early December (Grant applications due by November 15)
- January 25, 2022, 9:30-11:30 a.m. (Grant applications due by January 3)
- April 26, 2022, 9:30-11:30 a.m. (Grant applications due by April 4)
2021-2022 members of CDT: David Bonney (Chair), Clarence Brown, Sarah Calvert (Cabinet Rep), Randy Duncan, Amanda Garber, Don Gibson, Kotosha Griffin, Gary Heaton,Michelle Matthews, Stephanie Parker, Hieu Phan, Mike Plasters, Gordon Pruitt, Jill Riddle, Will Sloan, Tim Tate, and Tim Ward.
For additional information or questions, please contact David Bonney, DBonney@fairfaxumc.org.