Provisional Membership Handbook (pdf)
Mentor Group Report (web form)
Mentor Covenant Commitment Statement (pdf)
Ministry Reflection Reports Outline (pdf)
Provisional Residency Events for the 2022-2023 Conference Year
Registration links and schedules will be posted below, when available
- Ordinands’ Retreat, April 23-24, 2023, Roslyn Retreat Center (for those recommended for full membership and recognition of orders)
- Provisional Residency Event; May 15-16, 2023, Roslyn Retreat Center (all provisionals)
- Mentor-Covenant Group Retreat; September 4, 2023, Roslyn Retreat Center (for 1st year provisionals and transfers only)
- Provisional Residency Event; September 5-6, 2023, Roslyn Retreat Center (all provisionals)
Year 2 Supervision and Preparation for Full Membership Application
The following links may be helpful as part of Year 2:
• Annual S/PPRC Evaluation for Clergy and Staff, Virginia Conference (pdf)
• Characteristics of Effective Clergy (Word)
• Teaching Plan for 2023-2024 Application (pdf) – Provisional Members may complete their Teaching Plan the year prior to the year in which they will write all their papers and apply for Full Membership.
Informal Advisory Volunteer (Word)
A number of our past and present Provisional Members have asked about informal advisors who would be willing to be contacted about reading papers, participating in mock interviews and generally being helpful about sharing their experiences in applying for Full Membership and Ordination. This list of ordained clergy have volunteered to serve in this capacity.
For questions or concerns, contact the Rev. David Vaughan, Provisional Team Chair, or the Rev. Jessie Colwell, BOM Registrar.