Local Pastor Resources
Information on License Renewal for Licensed Local Pastors
All Licensed Local Pastors must renew their license each year. LLP’s may choose to renew using the standard or modified process. Please visit here for full details.
Course of Study Information, Resources, And Registrar
Full-time Local Pastors have eight years to complete their coursework and part-time local pastors have twelve years.
Often when registering for Course of Study, students must provide a PID#, a personal identification number which is issued to you by the denomination. You may email [email protected] to request this number.
Most schools require approval from the District Superintendent and the conference registrar. Please be advised that Program and Administrative Coordinator Rev. Lyn Harding is the registrar for Licensed Local Pastors.
Provisional Membership and Associate Membership Information and Resources
The Fellowship of Local Pastors and Associate Members
The following is the purpose statement for the Fellowship:
The purpose of the Fellowship of Local Pastors and Associate Members is to provide support, love and encouragement to each other through the encouragement of self-care and spiritual growth, and to create a sense of unity and fellowship. The Fellowship will serve all local pastors and the Board of Ordained Ministry as an advisory/resource group on issues and needs of local pastors and associate members. It will serve as a voice for local pastors in the Virginia Conference, will sponsor retreat time, and encourage small group participation with elders and associate members on the district level.
The Fellowship of Local Pastors and Associate Members has a steering committee with officers elected by the Fellowship. The steering committee includes local pastors from all geographic regions in the Conference and includes the local pastors serving as non-voting members on the Board of Ordained Ministry
Guidelines for Officers of the Fellowship of Local Pastors and Associate Members
1. Officers are elected at the beginning of the quadrennium and may service up to two quadrennia.
2. Officers must be licensed local pastors or associate members
3. Officers should represent all geographical areas of the conference.
4. If an office is vacated at any time during the quadrennium, the Executive Committee of the Fellowship of Local Pastors and Associate Members fills the vacancy with someone from that geographical area.
5. The chair of the Fellowship of Local Pastors and Associate Members shall appoint a nominating committee to select the officers.
Steering Comm. for Fellowship of LPs & AMs (pdf)