Local Pastor Resources
Course of Study Information, Resources, And Registrar
All Licensed Local Pastors are intended to pursue their seminary level education either through a semester program at an accredited seminary or through Course of Study at a school that has been approved by the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry.
Full-time Local Pastors have eight years to complete their coursework and part-time local pastors have twelve years.
Most schools require approval from the DIstrict Superintendent and the conference registar. Please be advised that Associate Director for Call and Candidacy Rev. Crystal Sygeel is the registrar for Licensed Local Pastors.
Course of Study Book Listing (pdf)|
Course of Study Courses (pdf)
Course of Study Enrollment and Scholarship Form
Provisional Membership and Associate Membership Information and Resources
The Fellowship of Local Pastors and Associate Members
The following is the purpose statement for the Fellowship:
The purpose of the Fellowship of Local Pastors and Associate Members is to provide support, love and encouragement to each other through the encouragement of self-care and spiritual growth, and to create a sense of unity and fellowship. The Fellowship will serve all local pastors and the Board of Ordained Ministry as an advisory/resource group on issues and needs of local pastors and associate members. It will serve as a voice for local pastors in the Virginia Conference, will sponsor retreat time, and encourage small group participation with elders and associate members on the district level.
The Fellowship of Local Pastors and Associate Members has a steering committee with officers elected by the Fellowship. The steering committee includes local pastors from all geographic regions in the Conference and includes the local pastors serving as non-voting members on the Board of Ordained Ministry
Guidelines for Officers of the Fellowship of Local Pastors and Associate Members
1. Officers are elected at the beginning of the quadrennium and may service up to two quadrennia.
2. Officers must be licensed local pastors or associate members
3. Officers should represent all geographical areas of the conference.
4. If an office is vacated at any time during the quadrennium, the Executive Committee of the Fellowship of Local Pastors and Associate Members fills the vacancy with someone from that geographical area.
5. The chair of the Fellowship of Local Pastors and Associate Members shall appoint a nominating committee to select the officers.
Steering Comm. for Fellowship of LPs & AMs (pdf)