Welcome to the process of becoming a Licensed Local Pastor in the Virginia Conference! The Center for Clergy Excellence and the Board of Ordained Ministry give thanks for your continued perseverance in pursuing the call that God has placed upon your life.
There are several requirements which must be completed prior to submitting your jotform application to meet with your District Committee on Ordained Ministry:
The requirements include:
• Write, preach/record, and describe a sermon of your choosing.
• Provide written responses to a series of questions
• Provide the date you became a Certified Candidate
• Request an Interview to be Recommended for Licensing
• Attend Licensing School- Please note: if you are recommended for licensing, you will be invited to Licensing School by your District Superintendent. Logistical and curriculum information will come from Clergy Excellence
In consultation with your District Committee Chair, these requirements can be worked in tandem with the requirements to become a Certified Candidate.
For questions, please contact Associate Director for Call and Candidacy Crystal Sygeel