Campus Ministry Reporting Forms
Scholarships and Financial Aid (United Methodist Higher Education Foundation)
General Board of Higher Education Loans and Scholarships
Theology of Campus Ministry Article (pdf)
Submission of Names for College-Bound Students
If you need assistance with information on the links above, please contact Dwayne Stinson at [email protected]
John Wesley had a passion for uniting faith and knowledge in educating the whole person. Since 1784, hundreds of institutions of learning have been founded by United Methodists or its predecessor denominations in the United States.
That heritage continues today in the sponsorship of 10 major research universities, 13 seminaries, 82 liberal arts colleges, eight two-year colleges, one professional school and nine college preparatory schools. Your United Methodist Church continues to be involved in higher education today — faithful people cultivating faithful minds for faithful lives.
The Board of Higher Education Ministries provides the connectional relationship between the General Church, annual conference, district and local churches and promotes the work and ministry of higher education and campus ministry. The Board has disciplinary responsibilities to the institutions of higher education in the Virginia Conference and oversees the mission and ministry of campus ministries related to and supported by the Virginia Conference.
The Board also encourages support for the special offerings related to higher education (Black College Fund, United Methodist Student Day, World Communion Day, and Human Relations Day.)
More information from Learning Ministries:
- Brochure on United Methodist Loans and Scholarships (pdf)
- Information about United Methodist schools
- Financial aid available and merit awards
- Sponsoring a college fair in your church
- Information about Special Day Offerings (U.M. Student Day, Human Relations Day, World Communion Day)
- Information about the Educational Fund apportionment
- Information about campus ministries in Virginia Speakers or resource persons available from Virginia United Methodist-related colleges
- Presentations about higher education or campus ministry
- Information about how to start a scholarship fund in your church
District Directors of Higher Education and Campus Ministry; or Becky Tate at [email protected]
Chair, Board of Higher Education and Campus Ministry:
The Rev. Ryan LaRock