PEACE AND NONVIOLENCE
Board of Church and Society
The Virginia Conference Board of Church and Society engages local congregations to implement the Social Principles of The United Methodist Church throughout the conference. This work is guided by four working groups.
Peace and Nonviolence – leads the conference in addressing conflicts and violence in our local communities, state, and world.
Creation Justice – connects and supports groups within the conference and beyond for the work of creation, care, justice and regeneration.
Criminal Justice and Mercy Ministries – guides the conference in movements of restorative justice and acts as an agent of healing and systemic change for our criminal justice system.
Addressing Poverty – supports work across the conference and beyond to alleviate poverty through works of mercy and advocating for meaningful and transformative policies in the state.
- Learn more about the work of the Peace and Nonviolence Work Group here
- Learn more about the work of the Creation Justice Work Group here
- Conference Applauds the Abolition of the Death Penalty in Virginia
- Statement on the continuing immigration crisis
- Peace with Justice Sunday Special Offering
- United Methodist Day at the Virginia General Assembly 2021
- The General Board of Church and Society
For more information
Chair, The Rev. James Page, JamesPage@vaumc.org
Staff, The Rev. Nickie Moreno Howard, email@example.com
The Learning Ministries Office of The Virginia Conference, 10330 Staples Mill Rd Glen Allen 23060