Select Page

Old Stone Church Foundation


Preserving and Interpreting

The Site of
Methodism’s “Old Stone Church”

Leesburg, Virginia
The First Methodist-owned Property in America
Deeded May 11, 1766

__________________________________________________________________________

THE OLD STONE CHURCH SITE is owned by the Virginia Conference Historical Society of the United Methodist Church. Much of its present appearance is the result of an archeological study conducted in 1965 and site development accomplished in the ensuing years. Today the site is administered by the Old Stone Church Foundation, a non-profit open-membership corporation dedicated to its preservation and interpretation.

Visitors’ Information
The Old Stone Church Site welcomes visitors every day during daylight hours. Interpretive materials at the site make self-guided tours enjoyable. Please, no picnicking.

For more information, contact:

       The Old Stone Church Foundation
         PO Box 426
         Leesburg, Virginia 20178-0426
         oldstonechurch@vaumc.org 

Membership and Donations

To become a member or make a donation:

Membership in the Old Stone Church Foundation is open to all who share its purposes and who make tax deductible contributions for its work. Please download the application and mail with your check to:

The Old Stone Church Foundation
PO Box 426
Leesburg, Virginia 20178-0426

All memberships and donations are tax deductible.

Contact

The Old Stone Church Foundation was established by the Virginia Conference Historical Society to oversee the preservation and interpretationof the historic Old Stone Church Site.

Mailing address:

The Old Stone Church Foundation
PO Box 426
Leesburg, Virginia 20178-0426

Email address: oldstonechurch@vaumc.org 

The Old Stone Church Site is located at West Cornwall Street and Liberty Street in Leesburg, Virginia.  Directions to the Old Stone Church Site