Annual Conference FAQs
When is Annual Conference 2020?
- The 2020 Virginia Annual Conference session will be a one-day, virtual event held on October 31, 2020 from 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
What is different about Annual Conference 2020?
The 2020 Virginia Annual Conference will be a one-day, virtual event and the agenda will be streamlined. In order to accommodate this, the rules of the conference will be voted on at the start of the Annual Conference session.
What information do I need to know for this virtual session?
- All information concerning this session of Annual Conference will be made available as it is released at https://vaumc.org/ac2020/.
When is the Book of Reports being mailed out?
- The Book of Reports was mailed out to Annual Conference members in mid-August. An electronic version is available at https://vaumc.org/ac2020/.
Will there be a Service of Remembrance?
- The Service of Remembrance and the Retirement Service is a separate, prerecorded virtual worship event available for viewing at www.vaumc.org/ac2020
Will there be a Retirement Service?
- The Service of Remembrance and the Retirement Service is a prerecorded virtual worship event and is available for viewing at www.vaumc.org/ac2020
How are Kits for Conference and Cans 4 Conference being handled this year?
Local churches are encouraged to continue the collection of Kits for Conference. Specific collection details still underway, but will very likely include organization of regional, or district-wide, drop-off locations. More information will be forthcoming at www.vaumc.org/ac2020 as the new plan is created and finalized.
Cans 4 Conference coordinator Herb Brynildsen shared that conference members are encouraged to start or continue collecting cans for your local food bank or pantry as your conference collection (four cans or bags or boxes or car loads — remember pop tops, fruit, soup, veggies and any nonperishable boxes). You are encouraged to take a picture of your food collection and post it on the conference Facebook page.