To the individuals and churches who worked in 2019 and 2020 to complete kits for the yearly Kit Collection at Annual Conference- thank you!
Although a postponed Annual Conference session affected the yearly collection of kits in 2020, work is continuing to create a regional kit collection plan for 2021 and moving forward.
For kits created in 2020, churches can either drop off their completed kits in their district (once a location has been identified for pickup by a conference kit coordinator) or transport kits on their own to the United Methodist Committee on Relief (UMCOR) depot in Mechanicsburg, PA. For more information visit the website at https://missioncentral.org/
As of January 2021, 11 points of contact have been identified for 11 districts. These persons will work with the conference kit coordinators and questions may be directed to them by individuals in their respective district.
The Rev. David Magruder has been named the new kit collection coordinator. He may be reached at [email protected]
Thank you for your continued patience as the rest of the points of contact are identified.
District Kit Coordinators:
- Arlington District: Sharon Thompson ([email protected])
- Charlottesville District: Darryl Lam (540-219-2829; [email protected])
- Danville: Tobias Lutz (434-203-3510; [email protected]
- Eastern Shore District: Kendra Powell (757-710-5961; [email protected])
- Elizabeth River District: Marta Pizzeck ([email protected])
- Farmville District: Susie Thomas (225-205-2883 or 434-392-4686 (church); [email protected])
- Harrisonburg District: Brian Posey (540-236-2472; [email protected])
- James River District: Andrew Book (757-787-7107; [email protected])
- Lynchburg District: Kim Ness ([email protected])
- Richmond District: Joshua McCauley (540-820-5601; [email protected])
- York River District: David Magruder (757-879-2363 or 757-898-7417 (church); [email protected])