Website Haygood UMC
The Haygood Preschool is a ministry of Haygood United Methodist Church and is open to children of all spiritual backgrounds, providing an appropriate learning experience for children ages 6 weeks to five years of age. We are actively seeking a Preschool Director with passion and vision to lead our Preschool. The ideal Director candidate will be experienced in the field of Early Childhood Development, passionate about high-quality childcare, possess excellent leadership skills, Director Qualified for the Commonwealth of Virginia, embrace and see the inherent value of a Christian-based early education program, and affirm the core values and purpose of the Haygood United Methodist Church.
Working collaboratively with the Preschool Board, Lead Pastor, and Haygood Leadership Board, the Director leads the Preschool Staff in operating the Preschool, fosters Preschool Staff development, and carries out the Preschool’s mission. The Director’s responsibilities include recruitment of Preschool Staff, health and safety, overseeing daily operations, adhering to state licensing regulations, assisting with property maintenance, marketing, and excellent communication with Preschool Staff, parents, children, vendors, and Church Staff. The Director will be creative in terms of marketing and building enrollment when needed, supporting Preschool Staff consistently, researching and applying for grants, and seeking opportunities to stay active and engaged in the local community. In addition, the Director shall have experience with financial management.
The ideal qualified Director should possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, as well as a love for children. They should uphold the vision, mission, and core values of the church and can convey this to the preschool team. A well-qualified Director will determine the needs of the Preschool, protect the health and safety of children, work closely with the families, and report directly to the Lead Pastor of the Haygood United Methodist Church.
40 per week (this is a salaried position and may at times exceed 40 per week)
Must be available to work or be on call between 7:00 am-6:00 pm, Monday-Friday when the Preschool is open.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a child-related field
Preferred Experience and Training
• 3 years of Administrative Clerical Experience
• 3-5 years of Supervisory or Management Role Experience
Required Experience and Training
• A minimum of 5 years experience in the field of early childhood education; demonstrated understanding of principles of early childhood development.
• A minimum of 6 months in an administrative role that required supervising, orienting, training, and scheduling staff OR equivalent management training in planning, budgeting, staffing, and monitoring
• Experience in directing or managing a preschool or classroom
• CPR and First Aid Certification
• Medication Administration Certification
• Must have knowledge of State Licensing Regulations
• Must pass a background check, including criminal records and child abuse registry
• Provide proof of experience as required by state childcare licensing standards
• Salary Range: $45,000 – $50,000 starting salary
• Vacation: 2 weeks paid, additional depending on experience
• Tuition Discount: Significant Tuition Discount for Qualifying Children
• Health Insurance: Annual Stipend, $500
• 401K: Yes
• Continuing Education: Yes
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com