Website Main Street UMC (Waynesboro)
Main Street UMC seeks an Organist/Pianist. This is a part-time staff position at Main Street UMC and shall assist the Pastor in teamwork with the Chancel Choir Director and all music staff and volunteers to develop our music ministry.
Bachelor Degree in music preferred or related experience. Demonstrated skills in both solo and accompaniment.
- Consult with the Pastor and Chancel Choir Director to assist in the development of the music ministry relating to the various choirs.
- Participate in program planning and music selection.
- Provide appropriate rehearsal and accompaniment for all musical offerings.
- Attend scheduled Chancel Choir rehearsals and be prepared to assist the Chancel Choir Director in presentations as needed.
- Offer quality music by organ and/or piano in the worship service on Sunday morning and other church services including weddings and funerals if available. The Organist/pianist will secure a qualified substitute when needed.
- See to the proper and timely minor repairs of the church organ and piano as funded in the Annual Operating Budget. All major repairs, replacement and/or upgrade needs should be brought to the attention of the Trustee Chairperson for action and funding.
- Work with the Pastor and music staff and volunteers to provide a positive, creative atmosphere for the church’s music ministry.
- Ensure the MSUMC Child Protection Policy is implemented and maintained.
Note: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position.
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Salary range: 10-20 K. Full job description available by request.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org