Website Welborne UMC
Welborne United Methodist Church
Position Title: Director of Community Life
Reports To: Lead Pastor
Position: 12-14 hr/week, 2 of these hours are on Sunday mornings
This position is flexible in regards to location and times.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Experience working with teams and or volunteers
• Passion for people and desire to create spaces for people to connect with one another
• Ability to facilitate/lead meetings when necessary
• Experience with formational programs and selecting discipleship materials appropriate for different ages and stages.
General Job Description/Responsibilities:
The Director of Community Life will seek to make connections throughout our Welborne community as well as think about ways to engage new persons. We are a small congregation looking for someone to provide intergenerational opportunities for our community to connect with one another. This person will work closely with the Lead pastor and Worship Director to make sure there is cohesion from worship, to events, to discipleship opportunities.
• Create and offer intergenerational life group opportunities and community events
• Engage with new and existing people to connect them to ministry opportunities
• Staff support and resources to the Children’s Ministry Team, Fellowship Team and Congregational Care Team (along with Lead pastor). Attend these team meetings as needed.
• Collaborate with Lead pastor around Discipleship resources
• Assist in Social Media Content for Facebook and Instagram
• Provide monthly reports to the Leadership Team for their meeting
• Participate in weekly check-ins with Lead pastor and monthly staff meetings
How to Apply: Email a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org