Website Main Street UMC (Waynesboro)
Main Street UMC (Waynesboro) seeks a Chancel Choir Director.
The Chancel Choir Director is a part-time staff position at Main Street UMC, who reports to the Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee. The Chancel Choir Director shall assist the Pastor in teamwork with all music staff and volunteers for one Sunday service and special seasonal services.
Bachelor Degree in music preferred or related experience.
1. Promote the spiritual life of the congregation through music ministry.
2. Recruit members for the Chancel Choir and make every effort to create an atmosphere where members of the church and community are interested and willing to participate.
3. Direct the Chancel Choir in rehearsal for participation in worship each Sunday September through May. In addition, prepare the choir for special services throughout the Church year as requested by the Pastor.
4. Arrange for and schedule appropriate special music for worship in June, July, and August.
5. Communicate with the Pastor to plan and provide leadership for the Chancel Choir program.
6. Submit an annual Chancel Choir budget to the Finance Committee during budget planning sessions.
7. Purchase all Chancel Choir supplies with funds approved in the annual church budget, using approved Finance Committee protocols.
8. Ensure the MSUMC Child Protection Policy is implemented and maintained.
Note: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position.
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected]. Salary range: 15-20 K.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org