- This event has passed.
Summer 2022 Lay Servant Academy
August 5, 2022 - August 6, 2022
This is a hybrid event.
Deadline to Register: July 29, 2022
Cost: For online (half-day, $15; full day, $35); for in person (half-day, $20; full day, $40)
- Basic Course (10 hours, for LSM credit): Rev. Linda Ray, instructor
- Public Prayer (10 hours, for LSM credit): Rev. Nilse Furtado-Gilliam, instructor
- Called to Preach (10 hours, for LSM credit): Rev. Debbie Powell, instructor
- Certified Lay Minister Orientation (Half-day, not for credit): Rev Dr. Joanna Dietz and Jenn O’Brien, instructors
- The Gospels in Spanish (10 hours, for LSM credit, Spanish-language): Rev. Dr. David Jimenez-Cardenas, instructor
- Children’s Ministry (Saturday course, not for credit): Rev. Renee Delgado, instructor
- Youth Ministry (Saturday course with Friday night optional gathering for in-person participants, not for credit): Rev. Nickie Moreno Howard, instructor
Schedule of Events
7:00 PM Opening Worship Service; Orientation Session
**This worship service will be live stream only and viewed from your homes
4:30-6:30 PM Registration – Dinner is on your own
6:30-8:30 PM Class Session #1
7:00-9:00 AM Breakfast On Your Own
9:00AM-12:00 PM Class Session #2
12:00-1:00 PM Lunch Provided
1:00-4:00 PM Class Session #3
Email Tianna Durbin at [email protected] for more information.