WE ARE THE PEOPLE OF GOD
We are dedicated to the mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world in the tradition of John Wesley.
We live out this key theme through these core values: Christ-centered, Deeply rooted, Disciple-making, Faithful and Grounded in Scripture.
Belonging & Inclusion
All belong and will be loved in The UMC. All will be heard, respected and engaged. All will be free to develop their personal relationship with God and to serve fully in the ministry of Jesus Christ.
We live out this key theme through these core values: Diverse, Justice-seeking, Resilient and Welcoming.
Influence, Connection, Impact
With more than 12 million members across the globe, we are a powerful connection, living and sharing the grace of Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit. We are committed to work for global health, education, creation care, child welfare, disaster recovery and countless other efforts.
We live out this key theme through these core values: Missional, Connected, World-changing and Generous.
Experience of God through the UMC
We embrace a Church where we experience our triune God in personal and community relationships, transforming our own lives, the lives around us, and the entire world.
We live out this key theme through these core values: Committed, Grace-filled, Jesus-seeking, Praying and Spirit-filled.
Join the story
Find resources for #BeUMC Campaign
- Learn more about campaign and latest resources from United Methodist Communications. Learn more…
- View new discussion guide.
Share your story
- Share your written or recorded story of why you are UMC
- Use hashtag (#BeUMC)
- Forward your story to your district, conference, and denomination
Tell your story
- How can you share the #BeUMC campaign in your church?
- Every United Methodist should take a moment to pause, rediscover and reconnect with what our global denomination is all about. A new presentation slide deck is available to help church leaders encourage congregations to root into our shared beliefs, history, mission and ministry in order to stand strong and face the future — together.
"A Narrative for Continuing..."
#BeUMC is consistent with our United Methodist Bishops’ “A Narrative for the Continuing United Methodist Church,” adopted in November 2021.