Members of a volunteer team from the North Georgia Conference of The United Methodist Church clear storm debris and damaged kitchen items from a home that was flooded by Hurricane Ian in Fort Myers, FL. PHOTO: Mike DuBose, UM News
Join the VAUMC ERT to Florida
The Virginia Conference will deploy an Early Response Team (ERT) to Ft. Myers, FL, to assist the Florida Conference’s effort in responding to the aftermath of Hurricane Ian. Starting on December 5 – 17, 2022, 23 members of the Virginia Conference will be deployed to share the hope of Jesus with the people recovering from the devastation.
Members of the Virginia Conference are asked to keep the VAUMC ERT group in your prayers.
- Pray that they join the work, led by the Holy Spirit, to be true representatives of Jesus Christ.
- Pray that they will witness and embody the hope illuminated through Christ.
- Pray that we will learn to love more like Christ and continue our love for our sisters and brothers.
- Pray for safety during the time we work and travel mercies to Florida back.
- Pray that our conference will continue serving the world by becoming a sending body.
All team members are responsible for their travel to Florida and back home. Churches or individuals are asked if they might want to join in this mission by financially supporting the team. The goal is to raise $5,000, which should cover PPE, meals and lodging, insurance, and gas for the van being used. You may send a check to the conference or use the online giving link to join in this mission.
Made out to VAUMC (Memo: FL ERT Support) P.O. Box 5605, Glen Allen, VA 23058
Use the link below and type FL ERT Support in the note (in memory) box.
Thank you for your prayers and support!
To follow the journey of the team, go to www.vaumc.org/ert-to-fl
VAUMC ERT to FL team