Office of Connectional Ministries
• Marc Brown, Director of Connectional Ministries
1-800-768-6040, ext. 133 or (804) 521-1133 MarcBrown@vaumc.org
• Bev Myers, administrative assistant BevMyers@vaumc.org
1-800-768-6040, ext. 134 or (804) 521-1134
The Discipline characterizes the work of the office of Connectional Ministries as serving as the “steward of the vision” of the annual conference, charged with aligning the total resources of the conference with its vision, and with enabling the “connections among the local, district, annual conference, and general church ministries.”
Ministries with Young People
• Derrick Parson, Director of Ministries with Young People
1-800-768-6040, ext. 135 or (804) 521-1135
• Becky Tate, Administrative Assistant BeckyTate@vaumc.org
1-800-768-6040, ext. 139 or (804) 521-1139
The director of Ministries with Young People resources the Conference Council on Youth Ministries, Life Span Ministries (Children’s Council, Youth Council, Young Adult Council), Division of Education of the Board of Discipleship, Board of Higher Education Ministries, and oversees and coordinates All God’s Children Camps, youth ministries as determined vital by the conference and regional equipping of children, youth, and young adult ministries.
Center for Lay Leadership Excellence
• Martha Stokes, Director of Inclusivity and Lay Leadership Excellence MarthaStokes@vaumc.org
1-800-768-6040, ext. 154 or (804) 521-1154
• Cindy Ingroff, Administrative Assistant CindyIngroff@vaumc.org
1-800-768-6040, ext. 153 or (804) 521-1153
The director of Inclusivity and Lay Leadership Excellence resources the Board of Laity, Divisions of Spiritual Formation and Worship of the Board of Discipleship, Camp Rainbow Connection, Commissions on Disabilities, Religion and Race, Status and Role of Women, Ethnic Local Church Concerns and Life Span Ministries (Single Adult Council, Older Adult Council), Hispanic/Latino Ministries and oversees regional equipping of ministries of inclusivity.
Center for Congregational Excellence
• Mark Ogren, Director of Congregational Excellence MarkOgren@vaumc.org
1-800-768-6040, ext. 156 or (804) 521-1156
• Pat Hickman, Administrative Assistant PatHickman@vaumc.org
1-800-768-6040, ext. 155 or (804) 521-1155
The director of Congregational Excellence resources the Conference Church Development Team, district Church Development Teams, Division of Evangelism of the Board of Discipleship, Equitable Compensation Commission, and oversees implementation of Invitation to Plant and the Five Talent Academy in All Things New.
Center for Missional Excellence
• Glenn Rowley, Director of Justice and Missional Excellence GlennRowley@vaumc.org
1-800-768-6040, ext. 143 or (804) 521-1143
• Terri Biggins, Administrative Assistant TerriBiggins@vaumc.org
1-800-768-6040, ext. 144 or (804) 521-1144
The director of Justice and Missional Excellence resources the Board of Global Ministries, Board of Church and Society, United Methodist Women, United Methodist Men and serves as the Conference Secretary of Global Ministries.
• Linda Rhodes, Director of Communications LindaRhodes@vaumc.org
1-800-768-6040, ext. 111 or (804) 521-1111
• Peggy Cribbs, Administrative Assistant PeggyCribbs@vaumc.org
1-800-768-6040, ext. 110 or (804) 521-1110
• Neill Caldwell, Editor of the Virginia Advocate/ Publications Associate NeillCaldwell@vaumc.org
1-800-768-6040, ext. 113 or (804) 521-1113
• Cathryn Wooton, Graphic Designer/Production Coordinator CathrynWooton@vaumc.org
1-800-768-6040, ext. 112 or (804) 521-1112
• Brenda Capen, Database Manager/ Web master BrendaCapen@vaumc.org
1-800-768-6040, ext. 116 or (804) 521-1116
• Bryan Compton, Computer Information Systems Director BryanCompton@vaumc.org
1-800-768-6040, ext. 115 or (804) 521-1115
• TBA, Videographer/ Help Desk Support
1-800-768-6040, ext. 118 or (804) 521-1118
Virginia United Methodist Communications is a resource for the local church, as well as for districts and conference agencies, in the areas of practicing effective communication, developing print and electronic media, understanding principles of public relations, advertising the ministries of our United Methodist churches, and strengthening connections across Virginia United Methodism.
The Communications office also provides a news and information service offering background material to reporters developing stories involving the United Methodist Church. Staff services are also available on many aspects of church communications programs, including development of newsletters and bulletins, use of video, computer, and Web page technology, and relationships with secular media.