The Old Stone Church Foundation

Preserving and Interpreting
The Site of
Methodism's "Old Stone Church"

Leesburg, Virginia
The First Methodist-owned Property in America
Deeded May 11, 1766

__________________________________________________________________________

 

THE OLD STONE CHURCH SITE is owned by the Virginia Conference Historical Society of the United Methodist Church. Much of its present appearance is the result of an archeological study conducted in 1965 and site development accomplished in the ensuing years. Today the site is administered by the Old Stone Church Foundation, a non-profit open-membership corporation dedicated to its preservation and interpretation.

Visitors’ Information
The Old Stone Church Site welcomes visitors every day during daylight hours. Interpretive materials at the site make self-guided tours enjoyable. Please, no picnicking.

For more information, contact:

       The Old Stone Church Foundation
         PO Box 426
         Leesburg, Virginia 20178-0426
         oldstonechurch@vaumc.org 

 

 

 

 

The Cross and Flame is a registered trademark, and the use is supervised by the General Council on Finance and Administration (GCFA) of The United Methodist Church. Permission to use the Cross and Flame must be obtained from the GCFA, Attn: Legal Department, PO Box 340029, Nashville, TN 37203-0029; phone 615-369-2334; fax 615-369-2330

Background photos courtesy of VDOT.

The Virginia Conference of The United Methodist Church
10330 Staples Mill Road, Glen Allen, VA 23060
P.O. Box 5606, Glen Allen, VA 23058-5606
1-800-768-6040 or (804) 521-1100
Click here for directions to the Center